- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed;
- Information you provide through our website, or that we gather as a result of your use of our website, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, you should be notified when Ideograph is required to provide a third party with your personal information.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
- in connection with the creation of a FreeRFP.org account
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter
What we do with the Personal Information
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter or in order to respond to your request — for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to Ideograph.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not Ideograph’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, Ideograph may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of its service.
If Ideograph is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then we will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or we is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected
Ideograph has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Ideograph stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our website and server logs.
Non Personal Information We Collect. When you use the Websites, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your "IP address") about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the service is being used, to improve our website and the features we provide, and for systems administration purposes. Ideograph may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal information through operation of our website for those same purposes.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides their personal information to Ideograph through the Websites represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Special Note to International Users
This website is hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the site from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
Effective Date: December 1, 2017