1. This Sources Sought Notice is issued in accordance with DFARS 206.302-1(d) and PGI 206.302-1. This is not a Request for Proposals. The purpose of this Sources Sought Announcement is to conduct market research and to gain awareness of any additional potential qualified sources interested in and capable of performing the work.
2. The United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), Special Operation Forces (SOF), Acquisition Technology and Logistics (AT&L), Directorate of Procurement, intends to award a sole source contract under the authority of FAR 6.302-1 to McKinsey & Company, Inc. Only one responsible source and no other supplies or services will satisfy the Government's requirements to conduct a "should cost / could cost" analysis on a highly complex system, with a complex supply chain. Interested vendors should have (1) proven commercial sector-based cost analysis qualifications, (2) demonstrated performance and results with other highly complex DoD programs in line with these objectives, (3) tools to understand and benchmark supplier costs and economics, (4) a thorough understanding of all applicable laws and DoD policies pertaining to USG contract types and incentive methodologies, and (5) be able to complete the analysis within 4 weeks of contract award to support the rapid timeline required by USSOCOM.
3. This notice does not constitute an Invitation for Bids (IFB), a Request for Quote (RFQ), or a Request for Proposal (RFP) and it should not be construed as a commitment of any kind by USSOCOM to issue a formal solicitation or ultimately award a contract. USSOCOM is in no way liable to pay for or reimburse any companies or entities that respond to this announcement. Any costs incurred by interested companies in response to this announcement will NOT be reimbursed.
4. Interested vendors that believe they can meet the requirements identified above should respond to this this notice, specifically addressing how each requirement identified above can/will be met.
5. All information marked as proprietary information will be safeguarded to prevent disclosures to non-government personnel and entities.
Deadline: Friday, July 20, 2018
Date Published: Friday, July 13, 2018
Date Updated: Saturday, July 14, 2018
7701 Tampa Point Blvd, MacDill AFB, Florida 33621-5323