N42158-18-3S-BARGE01 - SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE
Norfolk Naval Shipyard (NNSY) is issuing this Sources Sought/Request for Information (RFI) for the sole purpose of conducting Market Research in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 10. This effort is to seek out qualified sources (large or small) capable of providing Barging Services to transport five (5) large, radioactive Department of Energy (DOE) components for shipment and disposal. The draft Statement of Work and Nuclear Barge Movement Checklist, and Nuclear Barge Custodian Monthly Checklist are included with this notice, as attachments.
The applicable North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 562211 Hazardous Waste Treatment and Disposal and the small business size standard is $38,500,000. A single award Firm Fixed Price contract is anticipated; however the Government reserves the right to award more than one contract if it is determined to be in the best interest of the Government.
Any prospective contractor must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) in order to be eligible for award. SAM is the official U.S. Government system that consolidates the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA and EPLS. Information concerning registration requirements may be viewed via the internet at https://www.sam.gov.
INFORMATION REQUESTED FROM INDUSTRY:
If your organization has the potential capacity to perform these contract services, please provide the following information:
1. Organization name, address, email address, web site address, telephone number, CAGE code, DUNS number, point of contact (name, phone# and e-mail); your company's business size type/status.
2. Detailed information that describes your company's capability to satisfy the requirements and scenarios set forth in the draft SOW. This statement shall not reiterate or duplicate the language set forth in this attachment, but rather, your capabilities statement shall demonstrate your company's ability to perform these critical tasks. Additionally, if significant subcontracting or teaming is anticipated in order to deliver technical capability, organizations should address the administrative and management structure of such arrangements.
3. Suggested changes to the anticipated NAICS Code.
4. Have you performed the same or similar work in the past?
5. Explanation of the company's ability of disposal for some or all of the radioactive components.
6. Responses to this notice are limited to ten (10) letter sized, single sided pages including all attachments, charts etc. (single spaced, 1-inch margins, 12 point font minimum excluding charts and graphics). NO HARD COPY OR FACSIMILE SUBMISSIONS SHALL BE ACCEPTED.
7. At this time, the Government is not requesting technical/management proposals, only capability information that will be utilized as market research to develop the acquisition strategy and solicitation.
Interested parties who consider themselves qualified to perform the required services are invited to submit a response in accordance with the instructions of this Sources Sought Notice by Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 03:30 PM (EST).
Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding their submissions. All questions or comments may be sent via email to Stanay Harrell: email@example.com. Secondary Point of Contact: Jimettra Lundy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLAIMER AND IMPORTANT NOTES:
This Sources Sought Notice is for market research purposes only and does not constitute a Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quotation (RFQ), or Invitation for Bid (IFB); and, it is not considered to be a commitment by the Government to award a contract nor will the Government pay for any information provided; no basis for claim against the Government shall arise as a result from a response to this Sources Sought Notice or Government use of any information provided.
Failure to respond or submit information in sufficient detail may result in a company not being considered a likely offeror when making a decision on whether or how to set aside a solicitation for restricted competition. Regardless of the information obtained from this Sources Sought Notice, the Government reserves the right to consider any arrangement as deemed appropriated for this requirement.
Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. Information and materials submitted in response to this notice WILL NOT be returned.
The Government reserves the right to use any information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate, including using technical information provided by respondents in any resultant solicitation.
At this time no solicitation exists; therefore, Do Not Request a Copy of the Solicitation. After a review of the responses received, a pre-solicitation notice and solicitation may be published on Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) website. It is the potential offeror's responsibility to monitor FedBizOpps for release of any future solicitation that may result from this Sources Sought Notice. However, responses to this Sources Sought Notice will not be considered adequate responses to any resultant solicitation.
No proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in your response to this Sources Sought Notice.
Deadline: Thursday, July 26, 2018
Date Published: Friday, July 13, 2018
Date Updated: Friday, July 13, 2018
Norfolk, Virginia 23709-5000