THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) IS ISSUED SOLELY FOR INFORMATION AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION.
THE SUBMISSION OF PRICING, CAPABILITIES FOR PLANNING PURPOSES, AND OTHER MARKET INFORMATION IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED AND ALLOWED UNDER THIS RFI IN ACCORDANCE WITH (IAW) FAR 15.201(e).
This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. IAW FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.
SOURCES SOUGHT DESCRIPTION
This is NOT a solicitation announcement. This is a sources sought synopsis only. The purpose of this synopsis is to gain knowledge of potential qualified sources and their size classification relative to NAICS 339112 (size standard of 1,000 Employees). Responses to this synopsis will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. After review of the responses to this sources sought synopsis, a solicitation announcement may be published. Responses to this sources sought synopsis are not considered adequate responses for a solicitation announcement.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), VISN 22 Network Contracting Office, is seeking sources that can provide Lift Powered Toilet Seat that at a minimum meet the following salient characteristics for the VA Los Angeles Healthcare System:
LiftSeat 450 Model/ Battery-Powered. Includes wheels, push bar, battery charger, battery, hand pendant, commode bucket and Expanded Top Plate.
LiftSeat 600 Core Model-Expanded Top
LS600 Bedside Commode Upgrade
LS600 DC (Battery) Power Kit
Battery for LS400, LS450 and LS 600
Commode Bucket, Universal, Elongated,
Splash Guard, Universal, Elongated, 10
The information identified above is intended to be descriptive, not restrictive and to indicate the quality of the supplies/services that will be satisfactory. It is the responsibility of the interested source to demonstrate to the government that the interested parties can provide the supplies/services that fulfill the required specifications.
If you are interested, and are capable of providing the sought out supplies/services, please provide the requested information as well as the information indicated below. Response to this notice should include company name, address, point of contact, size of business pursuant to the following questions:
(1) Is your business a: Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Hubzone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Large Business, etc.?
(2) Is your company considered small under the NAICS code identified under this RFI?
(3) Are you the manufacturer or a distributor of the items being researched above?
(4) If you re a small business and you are an authorized distributor/reseller for the items identified above, do you alter; assemble; modify; the items requested in any way?
(5) If you do, state how and what is altered; assembled; modified?
(6) Does your company have FSS GSA/NASA SEWP/NAC or any other federal contract? If so, please provide the contract number.
(7) If you are an FSS GSA/NASA SEWP/NAC or federal contract holder, are the items you are providing information for available on your schedule/contract?
(8) Please submit your capabilities in regards to the salient characteristics being provided and any information pertaining to equal to items to establish capabilities for planning purposes?
*** Submissions addressing Section (8) should show clear, compelling and convincing*** evidence that all equal to items" meet all the salient characteristics.
Responses to this notice shall be submitted via email to Carlos.Magana@va.gov. Telephone responses shall not be accepted. Responses must be received no later than 9AM PST. July 19, 2018. If a solicitation is issued it shall be announced at a later date, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from the responses to this source sought. Responses to this sources sought notice are not a request to be added to a prospective bidders list or to receive a copy of the solicitation. Please reference 36C26218Q9674.
Deadline: Thursday, July 19, 2018
Date Published: Friday, July 13, 2018
Date Updated: Friday, July 13, 2018