Project Description: Jennings Randolph Lake is located on the MD/WV border in Garrett County, MD and Mineral County WV. It is approximately eight miles upstream of Bloomington, MD, and approximately five miles north of Elk Garden, WV. All of the construction will be in Garrett County, MD. The purpose of this contract is to repair the deteriorated concrete surfaces of the six trunnion girders and apply an elastomeric polymer modified cementitious waterproof coating system to the trunnion platforms for each pier located within the emergency spillway area.
The project consists of the demolition, construction and installation of the following:
1. Hand railings, light posts, and associated power conduits to be removed, stored, and replaced after repairs (typical for all trunnion girders).
2. Security conduits to be removed from trunnion girder platform and capped upon the vertical pier above trunnion platform (typical for trunnion girders #1 and #6).
3. Concrete Scanning - Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR): Prior to concrete removal, the concrete surfaces shall be scanned utilizing a hand held ground penetrating radar device in accordance with ASTM D 6432 to identify the depth and location of steel rebar, prestress bars and steel pipe conduit, trunnion yokes and anchor rod assemblies, etc. to ensure that these items are avoided and not disturbed during demolition of existing concrete.
4. Remove and replace concrete cap with Type K Shrinkage-Compensating Concrete to horizontal construction joint (typical for all trunnion girders).
5. Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Reinforcement: Reinforcement for the new trunnion girder "concrete caps" shall be No. 4 FRP bars spaced at 12-inches on center each way and shall be installed throughout the entire trunnion girder repair area.
6. Apply an elastomeric polymer modified cementitious waterproof coating upon the trunnion platforms located adjacent (just upstream) to the trunnion girders.
7. In order for the dam operator to maintain control of the tainter gates during an unexpected high water event, the Contractor shall sequence his work to ensure that a minimum of two (2) gates are always operable at any given time.
A Site visit can be scheduled by contacting Raymond Smith via email at Raymond.F.Smith@usace.army.mil or 410 962 4507.
Prospective bidders/ offerors shall submit Request for Information inquiries relating to this solicitation NO LATER THAN 26 June 2018 at 10:00AM EST via email to BOTH Vincent.J.Gier@usace.army.mil and Patricia.L.Morrow@usace.army.mil.
Deadline: Friday, July 13, 2018
Date Published: Thursday, June 14, 2018
Date Updated: Thursday, June 14, 2018
2 Hopkins Plaza, Baltimore, Maryland 21201